Advanced Slurm Training
9:00am - 12:00pm
This training is targeted at users who have already used SLURM but whose needs go beyond simple batch files or small interactive jobs.
The training outline follows:
- Slurm Refresher
- How Slurm actually works.
- How Slurm schedules jobs.
- How long to wait; how to better schedule jobs.
- Slurm and priorities; how is it done?
- Key features
- Resource Management
- Running a job; job/step allocation
- Examples – GPUs
- Examples – Job Arrays
- Advanced Features
- Topology Aware Scheduling
- Job Sanity Check
- Job profiling
- Multithreading (SMT)
- Heterogeneous j obs
- Job Dependencies
- Chain Jobs
- Staging input before running, and storing outputs
- Master/Slave programs
- Submitting collections of programs (multi-prog)
- System Information Job monitoring
- Checkpointing & Restart
- Use of SLURM API (plans to support this in the future on Pawsey systems)
To register, please complete the following form:
NOTE: This course is capped at 16 attendees. If you cannot attend all 4 sessions, please do not register.