Diversity and Inclusion workshop
9:00am - 12:00pm
Pawsey Supercomputing Centre is pleased to advise that Toni Collis, who is the Chair and Co-Founder of Women in High Performance Computing, and CEO of Collis-Holmes Innovations will be at the Centre on Monday 28th October to run a 3-hour interactive Diversity & Inclusivity workshop.
Building and sustaining diversity is a challenge that requires capability development, a change of mindset and effective processes. Part of this journey is the opportunity to reflect on present interventions and possible initiatives that might work best to promote inclusivity in your organisation.
Using real-world examples, Toni will illustrate how unconscious bias, micro-behaviours and discrimination can impede equitable recruitment and undermine retention. She will help attendees to identify workable solutions and implement those solutions to enact change. Participants will leave with practical tips and techniques to create a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
At this workshop you will be able to learn:
- The benefits of diversity and inclusion
- Best practice initiatives from many disciplines with colleagues
- How to support a culture which values difference in a context of well-being
- How to recognise conscious and unconscious bias
- New ways to tackle the effects of bias
- How to understand the needs of others to enable successfully interaction
- How to create an effective, inclusive team
Details about the workshop
Date and Time:
Monday 28th October 2018 (9:00 – 12:00)
Pawsey Supercomputing Centre
1 Bryce Avenue
Kensington WA 6151
All are welcome! If you consider yourself an agent for change, join us on October 28 for the 3-hour interactive Diversity & Inclusivity workshop.
Registrations are essential, please complete the form below: