CUDA Programming Workshop
8:30am - 4:30pm
**This training session is full and registrations have now closed**
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre is pleased to host Dr Rob Farber who is a recognized global technology leader (US, Europe, Middle East, Asia-Pacific) and in-demand as a technology/scientific advisor, teacher, and collaborator. Rob will be in Perth on the 29th August to conduct a one-day workshop on CUDA programming. Rob is the author of CUDA Application Design and Development and Parallel Programming with OpenACC.
- Participants should be comfortable compiling code and running executables in a Linux environment.
- Some experience with C/C++ is also required.
- Coding exercises will be performed on dedicated Azure instances.
- All participants will need to bring their own laptop and have a SSH client with X windows support installed.
- You cannot use iPAD or tablet.
- Attendance is limited to 20 participants only.
- Participants must pre-register to ensure access to the coding exercises.
- Attendees need to arrive before 9.00am so that they are properly registered and to ensure that they have Microsoft Azure access to the coding material.
|Date||Thursday – August 29, 2019|
|Location||Australian Resources Research Centre (ARRC)
26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington, WA 6151
|Instructor||Dr. Robert Farber|
Intermediate GPU Programming
|8:30-9:00 am||Registration and Session Prep|
|9:00-10:00 am||GPU Programming Model
SIMD on GPU
Intro to CUDA and OpenACC
Coffee Break (10:00-10:15am)
|10:15-12:00 pm||Programming Practise on Azure
Parallel programming fundamentals
Machine learning performance
Lunch Break (12:00-1:00pm)
|1:00-2:30pm||GPU Memory model
Data handling and I/O
|Coffee Break (2:30-2:45pm)|
|2:45-4:30pm||Programming Practise on Azure
Memory allocation and control
C++ objects and Data movement
Managing Big Data
If you are interested in taking advantage of the opportunity to attend this workshop, please complete the following registration form.
For further information, please contact Mark Cheeseman (email@example.com)