Intro to Singularity training course
9:00am - 12:00pm
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre is hosting Dr Michael Bauer who is a principal software engineer at Sylabs and was integral in the development of Singularity. Michael will be in Perth on the 30th August to conduct a training session on Introduction to Singularity.
- Participants should be comfortable navigating a Linux environment.
- Prior Docker or other container environment is advantageous but not required.
- The training sessions are interactive.
- All participants must bring their own laptop with SSH client (and x windows support) to participant in the coding demos.
- You cannot use an iPad or tablet.
- Attendance will be limited to 20 participants only.
- Participants must pre-register to ensure access to the coding exercises.
|Date||Thursday August 30, 2019|
|Location||Australian Resources Research Centre (ARRC)
26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington, WA 6151
|Instructor||Dr. Michael Bauer|
Introduction to Singularity
|09:00 – 10:00 am||Overview of containers
Importing and running Docker containers
Running parallel workflows
Coffee Break (10:00 – 10:15)
|10:15-12:00 pm||Programming Practise on Azure
Best practise and performance tips
If you are interested in taking advantage of the opportunity to attend this training course, please complete the following registration form.
For further information, please contact Mark Cheeseman (firstname.lastname@example.org)