Pawsey, NCI, and NeSI OpenACC GPU Bootcamp
9:30am - 12:30pm
Join Pawsey, NCI, and NeSI as they co-host a 3-day digital GPU Bootcamp.
GPU Bootcamps are exciting and unique ways for scientists and researchers to learn how to accelerate codes on GPUs. This virtual event combines virtual “live” sessions with outside work. You will learn intermediate to advanced CUDA optimization techniques for code acceleration.
The dates for this Bootcamp are:
- 7-9 September, from 9:30am-12:30pm (AWST) / 11:30am-2:30pm (AEST)
This Bootcamp is open to all current and prospective Pawsey, NCI and NeSI users.
- Basic experience with C/C++ or Fortran.
- Knowledge of parallel computing fundamentals or basics of CUDA.
- Current or prospective NCI, Pawsey and NeSI users.
- This event has limited capacity, so please make sure that prerequisites are met before applying. Please ensure you plan to attend all 3 sessions.
GPU Compute Resources
Teams attending the event will be given access to the GPU cluster for the duration of the Bootcamp.
Daily Agenda (Subject to Change):
Day 1 – Wednesday, September 7, 2022: 11:30 AM – 02:30 PM (AEST)
- 11:30 AM – 11:45 AM: Welcome (Moderator)
- 11:45 AM – 12:00 PM: Connecting to a Cluster
- 12:00 PM – 01:00 PM: CUDA 101 (Lecture)
- 01:00 PM – 02:30 PM: GPU Memory Hierarchy
- GPU Memory Hierarchy Evolution
- Global Memory
Day 2 – Thursday, September 8, 2022: 11:30 AM – 02:30 PM (AEST)
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM: GPU Memory Hierarchy – Shared Memory (Lecture and Lab)
- 12:30 PM – 02:30 PM: CUDA Thread Programming: GPU Occupancy, Atomic Operation
Day 3 – Friday, September 9, 2022: 11:30 AM – 02:30 PM (AEST)
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM: CUDA Thread Programming (Lecture and Lab)
- Warp Divergence
- 12:30 PM – 02:30 PM: Debugging and Profiling
Apply for this event.
Click here to apply to this event: https://uat-nvidiaone.cs219.force.com/s/siteevent/a028G000002JWARQA4/se000126