Using Supercomputers – Part 2
11:00am - 12:30pm
Pawsey is hosting an online training series to be held every Monday in July and August, from 11am to 12.30pm AWST. We hope you’ll join us (from anywhere in the country)!
Please register for each 90-minute training session separately.
- Introducing the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre
- Using Nimbus Research Cloud
- Introducing Supercomputers Part 1 and Part 2
- Introducing Remote Visualisation
July 27: Using Supercomputers – Part 2 90 minutes
- List and describe the major parts of a supercomputer
- Log into a supercomputer
- Find and use available software on a supercomputer
- Explain how a supercomputer is shared among researchers
- Submit a job to a supercomputer queue
- Define key supercomputer terms, including SLURM, partitions, nodes, schedulers, data movers
- Familiarity with Linux command line, including such commands as cd, mv, pwd, ssh and a text editor such as vi
- A Linux terminal client installed, such as MobaXterm, xterm or Terminal
- Completion of Introducing Pawsey training
Attend if: Your research is compute or data intensive
Do not attend if: Cloud computing meets your needs
To register, please complete the form below. This event is capped at 30 so register early!