Supercomputing Merit Allocation Schemes for 2023 allocation round are now open.
The National Computational Merit Allocation Scheme (NCMAS) is Australia’s premiere grant scheme for access to high-performance computing (HPC) resources. The two Tier-1 HPC facilities in Australia, the National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) and the Pawsey Supercomputing Research Centre, together offer hundreds of millions of hours of computing time to meritorious researchers.
The Pawsey Partner Scheme supports the Pawsey partner institutions: CSIRO, Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University and the University of Western Australia as well as Western Australian Government Agencies. The scheme provides significant amounts of compute time for meritorious projects led by researchers from these institutions.
New Pawsey’s Preparatory Access Scheme is available for researchers who need to benchmark their codes and workflows before applying to one of the merit allocation schemes.
|Milestone||Pawsey Partner Scheme||NCMAS|
|Applications Open||15th August 2022||15th August 2021|
|Applications Close||3rd October 2022 (5pm AWST)||3rd October 2022 (5pm AWST)|
|Committee Meetings||1st half of December 2022||30 Nov, 1-2 December 2022|
|Applicants Notified||22nd December 2022||12 December 2022|
In 2018 the Australian Government awarded $70 million to upgrade Pawsey’s supercomputing infrastructure. As part of the Pawsey Technology Refresh project, Pawsey deployed and made available Setonix Phase 1 CPU system in June 2022. The full scale Setonix Phase 2 system will be made available to researchers for 2023 allocation round.
Changes in Pawsey’s Supercomputing Services for 2023
We invite all researchers to read the summary of main changes to Pawsey supercomputing services in 2023, including changes in allocation schemes: https://support.pawsey.org.au/documentation/display/US/Changes+in+Supercomputing+Services+for+2023
- NCMAS information page: https://my.nci.org.au/mancini/ncmas/2023/
- Pawsey Partner Scheme information page: https://support.pawsey.org.au/documentation/display/US/The+Pawsey+Partner+Merit+Allocation+Scheme
- Preparatory Access Scheme information page: https://support.pawsey.org.au/documentation/display/US/Preparatory+Access+Scheme
- Pawsey changes in 2023 supercomputing services: https://support.pawsey.org.au/documentation/display/US/Changes+in+Supercomputing+Services+for+2023
- Energy-based Accounting Model for Heterogeneous Supercomputers: https://arxiv.org/abs/2110.09987
This page provides a summary of main changes to Pawsey supercomputing services in 2023, including changes in allocation schemes. Alternatively, watch this short video that also covers the changes for 2023:
Get in touch
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our expert staff via firstname.lastname@example.org