Exascale Data Management with ADIOS
31 August - 1 September 2022
9:00am - 1:00pm
9:00am - 1:00pm
Join Oak Ridge National Labs Specialists to learn about ADIOS data management.
Interactive Tutorial, (2 days) August 31 and September 1, from 9am – 1pm AWST / 11am – 3pm AEST.
ADIOS is a high performance publish/subscribe I/O framework which has been designed and developed for the exascale computing era. In a snapshot, ADIOS:
- Is integrated into most of the popular analysis and visualization packages.
- Has strict continuous integration practices, providing stable, portable and efficient I/O services.
- Has a programming interface designed for easy switching from files to streams (on-HPC machines) to streams over the Wide Area Network.
In this interactive tutorial, Dr. Scott Klasky and Dr. Norbert Podhorszki, introduce the ADIOS I/O framework and describe how it is being used, including:
- In data intensive supercomputing simulations, using it for data storage and retrieval moving petabytes of data in a single job,
- In coupled simulations using it for data movement between the simulation codes and to in situ analysis and in situ visualization services,
- In AI applications, for collecting training data from ensembles of computations on the fly, and
- In collaborations between experimental facilities and HPC centers to stream experimental data for near-real-time decision making.
The techniques in ADIOS have been developed for over 15 years through collaborations with science applications.
Tutorial attendee are encouraged to bring with them their I/O challenges for discussion.
This is a hybrid event – you can join in-person in Perth or online.
Register your Expression of Interest