The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre currently houses in excess of 40 Petabytes of data storage resources. The Pawsey Data Portal provides access to Pawsey’s data storage services, which are provided on a merit basis.
In addition to providing data storage for the most demanding research projects, our Data staff help researchers to maximise the potential of these vast data sets through a number of support services including:
- Identifying and minimising bottlenecks in workflows.
- Working with researchers to optimise research workflows.
- Regular training workshops on best-practice methods and technology.
Access to the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Data Stores (PSCDS) is governed by the Data Storage and Management Policy (DSMP).
Access to the PSCDS
All data storage allocations are started here. Please note:
- Compliance with the DSMP is mandatory.
- A primary and a deputy project custodian, responsible for the data and granting access to others, are mandatory.
- You must provide a project short name.
- Applications < 5 TB are generally not considered.
- Applications > 100 TB are reviewed by the Supercomputing Centre Data Allocation Committee.
- A copy of the data must be available elsewhere (*).
- Access is only via LiveARC (‘Mediaflux’).
(*) Unless exceptional circumstances.
Making data and code accessible to create significant scientific impact.
Supercomputers to reflect different workflows and user requirements
Fully integrated with Setonix, enabling a better experience when transferring data between Pawsey Centre systems
Data & Cloud
In addition to providing data storage for the most demanding research projects, our Data staff help researchers to maximise the potential of these vast data sets through a number of support services
It is the main repository for both the MWA Radio Astronomy Data Archive (served by ASVO) and the Pawsey Data Portal service (Mediaflux).
Nimbus, Pawsey’s cloud service is a flexible and fast high-throughput computing service