OpenCL Workshop 18th Oct – 21st Oct 2022
9:00am - 5:00pm
Join Pawsey specialists for a workshop on OpenCL
Supercomputers make use of accelerators from a variety of different hardware vendors, using devices such as multi-core CPU’s, GPU’s and even FPGA’s. OpenCL is a way for your HPC application to make effective use of heterogeneous computing devices, and avoid code refactoring for new HPC infrastructure.
Join Pawsey experts on the 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st of October as we conduct a four-day workshop to explore, debug, and optimise OpenCL applications.
Day 1 -18th October
- Introduction to OpenCL – how it works
- Survival C/C++ – so you can build kernels
- Matrix multiplication with OpenCL – fully explained line by line
Day 2 -19th October
- How to debug OpenCL applications and kernels
- Measure performance with OpenCL Events and open source tools
- Memory management with OpenCL
Day 3 -20th October
- Coarse and fine-grained shared memory
- Strategies for building fast OpenCL kernels
- Perform iterative operations faster with concurrent IO
Day 4 – 21st October – Choose your own Adventure!
- Programming challenge – choose your own adventure in working with OpenCL
- Bring your own code and receive feedback and assistance