The call is now open for applications for collaborative projects with the Pawsey supercomputing team, focused on improving software and workflows at the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre. Projects will run for three months, from June to August 2018.
This call is open to all researchers in Australia, although the Project Leader must be employed by an Australian university or research institution. Projects that do not have current Pawsey Supercomputing allocations may be granted a Director’s Share allocation to enable the project.
The focus of these uptake projects is to improve the performance of applications that use or potentially could make use of the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre compute resources.
The scope of an individual project may include, but is not limited to:
- Application code migration from MATLAB, Python or R to a low-level language such as C or Fortran.
- Improving the parallel performance of an application using MPI and/or OpenMP.
- Re-factoring code to take advantage of compiler vectorisation.
- Improving code performance by identifying and correcting performance bottlenecks related to data transfer and/or communication.
- Improve the usability of the application by adding support for outputting data using common interchange formats (eg. netCDF or HDF5).
- Improving the performance of the code using CUDA or OpenACC on GPU based architectures.
- Optimising workflows for more efficient queue utilisation, improved job scripts, or use of containers for complex software stacks.
- Developing novel applications of cloud-based cluster computing including (but not limited to) the application data analytical tools.
- Developing workflows to visualise large-scale datasets.
Full details for the uptake project is provided in the Information for Applicants document, including assessment criteria, application process and eligibility rules. Applicants are strongly advised to read this information carefully before applying. Applications can be submitted by emailing a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with your application or for any other enquiries, please contact the Pawsey helpdesk via the User Support Portal or via email at email@example.com
Applications close 25th May 2018, at 5 pm WST.